Sunday, October 2, 2016

The Smallest Snapper

Rick and I thought with the cooling weather it'd be safe to go for a walk...

No such luck.

The tiger mosquitos found me and are capable of biting through clothes, and after Rick smashed about 7 that had latched onto my back we had to retreat to the car and have given up hiking until after the first frost.

But, during the short time we were out on the trail, we found this SUPER TINY SNAPPING TURTLE!

He's so cute!

He looks like a tiny dinosaur

Rick had almost stepped on him when I spotted him,  so after a couple pictures he moved him to the side of the path




Except for a few tail twitches, the snapper was pretty indifferent to us taking his picture.

We also saw a lovely Red Admiral. I'll be sad when all the butterflies are gone for the season, but I'm really looking forward to being able to go out without mosquitos.

No comments:

Post a Comment