Saturday, September 14, 2013

Erin's New Job!

Flyers via Main Street Cultural District








I interviewed Thursday morning at 11:30 at Chocolaterie Stam, first with the managers for about 30 minutes, then with the owner for about 40 and then I went back to class. Terry, the owner, called me around 2 (I was in class) to offer me a position with the shop and when I called him between classes he asked if I'd be willing to come in to help out with an event that evening. So after my last class I started my first shift. 

Ames has a pretty cool downtown, and they like to do community events. 

Thursday's event was the music walk! 

Several of the downtown shops had local artists in to play throughout evening. 

Stam hosted Lois Miller (pianist) - there's a big beautiful baby grand in the shop! And then Cecil's Harp (they played country Irish dance music)  It was amazing! 

I have not yet memorized the inventory, although I was invited to try a chocolate, and can now give my personal recommendation on the Butterscotch Bonbons.  

On top of tons of awesome chocolates, they have italian gelato in I'm-not-sure-how-many flavors (but it's a lot) and it's made in house, which is kinda cool. I'll get to learn to make gelato:) They also have a full service coffee bar (so I'll be learning to be a barista) and they sell wine (by the bottle) from, I think 5, different vineyards in Iowa. 
And free Wi-fi - cause that's important. 

Everyone I work with is SUPER nice, and the owner was really accommodating when it came to working around my classes. And the shop's normal hours are 
M-W 8:30 - 7
Th-Sa 8:30 - 8
Sun 1-5
So I'll never have any super late nights, which is nice when I've got to get up for class the next morning. 

I'm super excited about having a job! Rick's homework takes WAY LONGER than mine, so most nights I just sit around looking for something to do while he's in at the library.  Rick is excited to have a "sugar momma" again. By "sugar momma" he means "Yay! We don't have to take out student loans for groceries!"

 I'm already on the schedule for next week and looking forward to it!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment