Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pinterest Hoarding

I will start today's blog by saying- I love Pinterest. 

But I'm also aware that Pinterest is dangerous

Pinterest turns perfectly normal people into hoarders

Rick had to stage me an intervention this summer because I was saving all the empty toilet paper rolls ... HAVE YOU SEEN HOW MANY NIFTY CRAFTS YOU CAN MAKE WITH EMPTY TOILET PAPER ROLLS!?! 
But alas, the toilet paper rolls are no more. 

I'm content with digital hoarding, for now. 
But still, Pinterest has some AWESOME ideas. For instance, 
This Scarf organizer!

I made this using a clothes hanger and those super cheap shower curtain rings you can buy
for a $1.79/dozen at Target
 But then I thought, why stop at scarves? Why not organize Rick's hats!
So viola! Hat Organizer!

I used a different shower curtain hook $2.79/dozen at Target- I thought this kind would be easier to get hats on and off because you can open the ring itself one handed so don't have to re-adjust the hat every time.
After I did the hats I thought, well hell, I'm feeling creative -
Belt Organizer!

Same type of curtain hook as the hat organizer. I bought two packs because I thought Rick had a lot more hats here than he did. 
I found that the scarves and belts especially like to slide to one end and make the hanger hang funny. Tying a rubber band around the bar of the hanger on either side of the rings keeps everything in the middle and hanging level.

No comments:

Post a Comment